Join us at Synergy Landscape Design Ltd, where you’ll be part of a dynamic team that’s always learning and challenging each other to excel and grow! We are a premier Okanagan landscape design and installation company that is always growing! We are adding qualified designers and salespeople to our team and you could be just who we are looking for!
Do you have an interest and background in landscape design, landscape architecture, horticulture, or architectural design? Are you a helpful and contributing individual who enjoys a supportive and collaborative environment? Is your style analytical as well as a direct and factual communicator? Do you function best in a fast-paced workplace filled with assorted and various responsibilities? This position offers a quality-driven role that will inspire and reward a self-determined team member like you!
If you are selected to join us on our design and sales team, you can expect to gain experience and on-the-job training. We take care of our employees and we look forward to building a lasting relationship with you.
- Pursue leads and referrals
- Analyze the landscape environment and determine the needs of our client
- Design and present landscape concepts, plans and estimates for our clients
- Follow project from initial contact through to completion
- Schedule appointments, attend initial client meetings, conduct in-office design reviews, attend contract signings, and perform periodic site visits as well as a final walk-through
- Manage and track progress of design projects (including change orders)
- Excellent communication with foremen, crew, and operations manager
- Maintain superb communication with clients
- Maintain an office presence and uphold a “team” mentality in your work
- Communicate and maintain a transparent schedule with office through email and calendar
- Communicate and collect client deposits, payments and follow-up on outstanding invoices
- Attend industry trade shows
Landscape Designer Requirements
- Formal education in landscape design (or related field) and 3+ years of landscape design experience
- An understanding of Horticulture and plant materials
- Proficiency using CAD-based landscape software (such as Dynascape and Sketchup)
- Strong design skills embracing landscape design principles
- Have the ability to create innovative solutions to complex design problems
- Strong working knowledge of landscape construction and completing field measurements
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Professional work ethic
- Follow company’s core values and standards of excellence
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time-management and planning skills, and an ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Highly motivated and self-driven individual who is detail oriented
- Clean and professional appearance
- A Valid drivers licence with a clean driving record
- Highly competitive wage, with the potential for a team performance bonus
- Paid vacation and holidays and 7 Flex days off per year
- Uniforms provided
- Medical benefits available after 3 months
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work remotely a few days a week if needed
- Company events with a guarantee to make friends and become part of the Synergy family!
Unlimited earning potential through salary and sales commissions. Come grow with us! We look forward to meeting you!
Synergy Landscape Design Ltd is located in Kelowna BC and we work all over the Central Okanagan Area and beyond.
Landscape Designer, Horticulture
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
- Incentive / production pay
- How many years do you have working with Dynascape?
- Landscape Design: 1 year (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)