Reports to: Operations Manager
A self-motivated Supervisor that can direct others to perform their tasks with clear direction and timely outcomes.
Landscape Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the landscape maintenance of residential and commercial contracts. This may involve the planning and supervising of labour, equipment and material requirements associated with each contract, ensuring attention to detail and high-quality service is achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Service Contracts
- Understand and define the scope of work for each maintenance contract
- Know what services that are to be provided for each client
- Ensure “Best Practices” or techniques are being used
- Manage labour hours as per maintenance contract, minimizing labour hour overages but ensuring quality service
- Determine the resources (Labour, materials, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project. on a daily and weekly basis
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day-to-day work activities
- Orient crew and assign duties for each site upon every visit
- Prepare for weekly meetings with Maintenance manager reviewing client job files and the work that needs to be completed including schedule setting daily and weekly goals.
Garden Bed Maintenance: Apply proper pruning techniques for trees and shrubs, including weeding and deadheading
- Lawn Care: weekly mowing and trimming of lawn, aerating and power raking
- Fertilize Lawn and flower beds and water lawn and garden when necessary.
- Identify pest and diseases in a landscape or inform Maintenance Manager on any issues
- Installation of trees Shrubs, seasonal plantings, soil, mulch
- Clean up, all debris and dispose of and blow or sweep hard surfaces
- Spray or dust areas to control insects and weeds – To be approved by Maintenance Manager
- Irrigation; be able to assess problems and repair irrigation systems
- Ensure all crew members hours for each task are actively being tracked using the LMN app
- Continuously train and help improve employee performance in all areas of landscape maintenance including safety procedures, safe operation of equipment and installation procedures using Best Practices.
- Inform management of any discrepancies regarding employee capabilities.
- Assist with the on-boarding process of new employees
- Comply with all company policies and follow company systems to achieve success
- Maintain a positive company culture and daily crew morale
Trucks Trailers and Equipment
Tool trailers are clean and organized (5S’s) and stocked with required supplies (fuel, trimmer line etc.)
- Trucks are washed and inside wiped clean once per month and truck boxes are empty and the inside is free of garbage daily
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Perform preventative daily maintenance procedures on tools and equipment and fill out any necessary maintenance forms, ie.
- Sharpen mower blades weekly and other cutting tools when necessary
- Clean out debris/grass from lawn cutting equipment
- Clean air filters weekly
- Report any damage and equipment failures and or take in to be repaired
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- Report to Operations Manager Immediately any client issues or concerns, either resolved or unresolved.
Education: Horticultural background and /or certification
Specialized knowledge: Knowledge of plants, irrigation and equipment
- Able to problem solve, and trouble shoot problems that arise on a day-to-day basis
- Proven maintenance experience
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Eye for detail
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work on your own with little or no supervision. Being able to assess equipment needs and repairs in order of importance
- Effective use of time and resources to complete tasks in an efficient manner
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to sharpen, remove and replace defective parts
- This position requires a person to be able to perform a long list of physical work. Ability to work outdoors in different weather conditions, cold temperatures for extended periods, as well as being in hot temperatures. Being able to work in a confined space.
Landscape workers on their crew will report to Maintenance Supervisor