Landscape Maintenance Labourer
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
A self-motivated labourer that assists the Maintenance Supervisor with the daily and weekly tasks of maintaining clients’ landscapes.
The maintenance labourer assists in the execution of landscape maintenance for residential and commercial contracts and ensure the completion of daily and weekly tasks are within contract timelines.
Duties and responsibilities
Landscape Labourers will be responsible for performing a variety of work tasks (general physical labour).
Assist in Managing Service Contracts
- General: Follow safety procedures and ensure quality workmanship and productivity of work at sites and/or shop/yard
- Clean up, all debris, dispose of and blow or sweep hard surfaces.
- Aid in the loading/unloading of trucks and trailers.
- Irrigation repairs and installation with supervision
- Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Garden Bed Maintenance: Apply proper pruning techniques for trees and shrubs, including weeding and deadheading.
- Move and install soil, mulch, and plant materials to assist with the construction of landscape gardens and related areas.
- Lawn Care: weekly mowing and trimming of lawns
- Aerating and power raking
- Fertilize Lawn and flower beds and water lawn and garden when necessary.
Trucks Trailers and Equipment
- Operate power equipment including, but not limited to lawn tractors, lawn mowers, line trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning saws, sod cutters, chain saws etc. safely and efficiently.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning daily. Secure loads on trucks and trailers.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas. Using the 5s’s
- Report any damage and equipment failures and or take in to be repaired.
- Be friendly and courteous at all times.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, class 3 an asset
- Physically fit with strong stamina
- Speak, read, and write English.
- From no experience to 3 years’ experience in the landscape maintenance industry
- Must be able to hand dig, use pick axes, heavy lifting & carrying, and using a wheel barrowing, etc
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Customer and quality focus, detail oriented
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work.
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
- Able to perform a long list of physical work and lift 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the work shift.
Ability to work outdoors in different weather conditions, cold temperatures for extended periods perhaps, as well as being in hot temperatures. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent stamina is required.
Landscape maintenance labourers will report to maintenance supervisor